Everything is a negotiation, or at least that is what most people think. However, though there are those who are looking get a great deal on everything, there are just as many who feel as though every price they see is going to be set in stone. In fact, a Consumer Reports study found that around 48% of those who are spending money attempt to bargain for the item or the service that they are wanting to purchase. For those who are ready to ensure that they are able to receive the best deal out there for the product they want, then they are going to find that these tips are going to help in negotiating the best deal out there.
Get Appliances and Electronics for a Lower Price
Appliances and electronics are a huge product that are must haves for many people. And they can take a huge chunk of money from your budget. If you go to the store and look at the product, there is no reason that you should be paying the sticker price for the product. Instead, consider these tips to help in lowering the price of these products:
- Ask about the floor model, as these are often sold at a huge discount
- Look at returned items that they may have repaired but have to sell used
- Overstock items can be greatly reduced as companies need that storage space and want these products out of the way
- Look for scratch and dent sales in which these products may have some cosmetic issues, but they are still going to work properly
- Bundle purchases, for example, buy a washer and dryer combination to save the most money
Don’t be afraid to ask about these options. Stores are wanting to make a sale to you, rather than letting you go to the competitor, so you do have some leverage to use with the company.
Lower Interest Rates
Interest rates are super high on credit cards, and this is where the majority of money that you spend is going. But, the good news is that you can lower your interest rate on credit cards, loans or whatnot. Consider these steps to ensure that you get a great deal on these cards and loans:
- Consider refinancing those high interest loans that you may hold. Several companies out there are looking for those who want to refinance, regardless of what the credit score of that person is. You simply have to ask and do your research.
- Call your credit card companies and see if they will lower your interest rate. This is going to be more successful for those who have a flawless history with that company, such as never going over the balance, paying their bills on time and the like.
- Look at the loan fees that you may be paying and see if you can get these reduced or taken away altogether. There are several companies who will do this in order to ensure that you are not refinancing with another company and they are losing your business.
Save Money with Groceries
You can get great deal with groceries when you shop sales and utilize coupons at the same time. This is a known tactic for many people who use this on a weekly basis. However, you will also find that you can negotiate prices on some groceries that you purchase. For example:
- The deli counter may give a discount on meats and cheeses that are less than one pound since they know no one is going to order this amount of product. You may find that you can get 50% off the total cost of these products if you negotiate properly
- For dented canned items, you may find that you can get a price reduction. Though the product tis not affected, there are those stores that can give up to 50% off for these dented cans.
- At farmer’s markets, at the end of the day farmers are more likely to give deep discounts on the produce they have, as they do not want to have to pack this back up and take it home. This is when you can get great produce that is fresh, while still saving money.
Save on your Medical Debt
Many people have gotten bills in the mail from their doctor or pharmacy with huge amounts that they need to pay. Most people think that they have to pay these no matter what, however, you will find that taking the time to go over your bill can save you some money. Medical billing errors is common and if you are not careful, the extra money that you pay is actually paying for an error that was made by someone else.
[Read: Unknown Credit Card Benefits]
For those who are ready to get a great deal, then they are going to find that these tips will help them to do so. You can change your entire life, through integrating these tips into your life.