You spend money on just about everything, so why not benefit from it to help you do what you love and get cash back. Are you an adventure seeker and love to travel? Are you a foodie that loves to dine in the finest places? Do you love to shop? Or, do you drive a lot and cash back would help to save on filling-up at gas at the tank?
There are credit cards that will give you cash back for what you already spend on: paying bills, grocery shopping, buying gas, paying off student loans, or other personal or business expenses. Whatever it is that you spend the most on, cash back credit cards can be a great investment to help you achieve the lifestyle that you feel you deserve.
There are limitless options of zero percent interest, annual fees, balance charges, points or redemption offers for cash back on your spending habits. Understand how to maximize your return is essential to recognize the best option for you and your lifestyle.
Where to look for cash back credit cards
- Go on-line to credit card websites
- Information about cash back credit cards in the mailbox
- Local and national banks
- Retailers of your favorite places to shop
- Your favorite airline’s website
- A hotel you frequent if you travel a lot—Marriot, Hilton, etc.
Understand the return of your rewards
The cash back offers will vary on the credit card company that you sign-up for. A popular option is the percentage back to you from what you spend on. For instance, Chase Freedom returns five-percent back to you quarterly but it’s capped at $1,500. Whereas, other cards will offer a flat percentage back to you monthly or quarterly based on what you’ve spent in the allotted time.
Note: A sign-on bonus or general bonus after x amount is spent is an enticing return on your rewards, but it’s typically lower in value of what you could receive on a travel card for cash back rewards.
What are the other options to consider besides cash back offers?
So maybe accruing points from your personal or business purchases for travel, dining out, buying gas or spending luxurious nights in your favorite hotels isn’t your priority for a return from what you spend. There are credit cards that cater to an alternative return, for instance Chase Freedom also opens up other offers for rewards. The credit card allows a return back to you for gift cards or shopping on-line at your favorite retails shops. A perfect option if you run a company for gifts to present to your employees or for members of your extended family.
Note: Redeeming cash or gift cards do not offer the redemption value of travel credit cards.
Three Credit Cards to Consider for Cash Back and Rewards:
CreditCards.com is a great site for anyone in the market searching for the best option suitable to one’s lifestyle for cash back and rewards on purchases. Here are some recommendations based on the topics of receiving travel rewards, cash back on a quarterly basis, receiving gas points and bonus offers.
Chase Sapphire Preferred Card:
- 40,000 bonus points for the first $4,000 spent within the first three-months of opening the card, which is equivalent to $500 for travel if you choose to receive your cash back rewards from Chase Ultimate Rewards.
- Receive 2 times the points on travel and dining at restaurants in addition to one point per every dollar on other purchases
- Add an authorized user and make a purchase within the first three months from opening the account, you’ll receive 5,000 bonus points.
- Zero foreign transaction fees and RFID security chip to increase security while you’re abroad, in addition to a wider range of businesses to accept the physical card for your transactions.
- Point matching to your Chase Ultimate Rewards for partner miles or points
- Protection for travel, purchases, trip cancellation or trip interruption insurance, auto rental accident waiver, etc
Chase Freedom Card:
- Receive a $100 bonus cash back after your first $500 purchase within the first three-months after opening the account
- Add an authorized user within the first three months after opening the account and receive a $25 dollar bonus.
- Zero percent APR for the first 15-months on purchases and balance transfers
- Limitless one-percent cash back on all purchases
- After each quarter you’ll receive five-percent back up to the first $1,500 (combination of purchases and bonus categories)
- Bonus quarter to enjoy five-percent every three months on gas, restaurants and Amazon.com.
- Rewards will never expire and no annual fee
Citi Hilton HHonors Visa Signature Card:
- Limited offers: Earn 75,000 Hilton HHonors Bonus Points after the first $2,00 spent within the first three months after opening the account
- Every dollar spent at sister locations of Hilton Hotels you’ll earn 6 HHonors bonus points
- Gain two HHonors rewards back for every dollar spent on all other purchases
- Permanent and qualified silver status as long as you’re a card member of Citi Hilton HHonors Visa Signature card
Overall credit cards are a great option, especially if you are looking to gain cash back and rewards on your purchases. The important note to remember here is to manage your money and stay out of debt, so it won’t adversely affect your credit score. With discipline credit cards is a great option to reward yourself without financially burdening you.
Here’s a video worth watching: